While we all look forward to the food, festivities, and fun associated with the holidays, jam-packed schedules and an overabundance of desserts can threaten healthy smiles. Fortunately, keeping your smile healthy is easier than you think, but you do need a strategy to avoid tooth pain and emergency visits to your dentist in Palm Harbor, FL. Check out our six tips to a healthy smile:
- Make time to brush, even when you are exhausted. A long day of shopping or festivities can tempt you to skip your evening oral hygiene routine and head straight to bed. Remember, all it takes is two minutes of brushing, twice daily, to protect your teeth and gums from decay and infection.
- Carry dental floss with you. If you have dental floss in the car or in your purse, you are more likely to use it. Your dentist recommends that you floss at least once a day.
- Start with the healthy food choices at dinners and parties. If you fill up on foods that are good for you and your teeth, you will be less likely to binge on sweets and end up with tooth pain.
- Drink lots of water. Water helps rinse food particles away from your teeth. It is also a much better choice than sugary sodas and juices.
- Be aware that tension or anxiety can cause teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism). The holiday season, at times, can be stressful. If you have a night guard for bruxism, do not forget to wear it.
- Schedule a visit to your dentist in Palm Harbor, FL. Even the busiest calendar can make room for a dental cleaning and exam. We can ensure that your smile is brilliant, healthy, and ready for all of those holiday photo opportunities.
Most importantly, if you fall behind on your oral care, do not beat yourself up about it. Simply schedule a visit to Dr. Dan Knellinger, Dr. Stacey Verkler, or Dr. Carol Bou-Sliman and we can get you back on track.
Currently rated by 0 people
Comments You need to log in to comment.