Everyone wants a beautiful, straight smile but no one wants to wear braces. So, is it possible to shorten your orthodontic treatment and get faster results? There actually are things you can do to ensure that your braces in Palm Harbor, FL, come off at the recommended treatment time or before, mainly by avoiding things that would damage your braces and brackets, or slow their progress.
Help Your Teeth Straighten Up Fast
- Follow a proper brushing and flossing routine. Becoming lax about oral hygiene is a sure-fire way to end up with an extended treatment time.
- Avoid the foods that threaten your orthodontics, such as popcorn, toffee, caramels, and hard bread. Cut up any fruits that you need to bite into, like apples, to protect your brackets.
- Do not chew objects other than food. Pens, straws, fingernails, etc. should be considered off-limits. They can damage the wires that guide your teeth into place.
- Use the orthodontics as prescribed. If you have headgear or elastics, wear them. If you opted for Invisalign®, which uses removable trays, make sure you wear the aligners for a minimum of 22 hours a day, or as recommended by your dentist.
- Choose an accelerated treatment like Six Month Smiles®, which can straighten most dental conditions in about six months instead of a few years.
Select the Right Dentist and Treatment Method for You
Not every dental office will provide the orthodontic treatment you need. If you would like to achieve a beautiful, straight smile in less time, or with alternatives to traditional braces in Palm Harbor, FL, call our office to schedule a consultation today. Doctors Knellinger, Verkler and Bou-Sliman offer both traditional braces and the faster Six Month Smiles® treatment. We are also Invisalign® providers and can straighten your smile with comfortable, nearly undetectable, plastic aligners. Call today to learn more.
Currently rated by 0 people